Have you realized that your life isn't anything close to what you want it to be? This article will give you advice on how to recreate your life. Whether your desire to change was spurred by a mid-life crisis, a near-death experience, a shattering epiphany or a painful separation, you still have time to create the life that you want.
Take an Inventory of Your Life as It Is Now
Harness the Power of Intention
Articulate Your Dreams
Associate with Supportive and Inspiring People
- Consider making a big change. Switch careers, move to a different area or end a relationship that's bringing you down. Stop your life from becoming a fruitless and tiresome routine.
- Expand your comfort zone. Do something that's completely out of character. Shave your head, wear a miniskirt, try karaoke or do a cartwheel while you're barefoot on the grass. Stepping out of your comfort zone will help you get used to facing your fears. You'll also get used to facing people's reactions when you do something they'd never expect you to do.
- Respect the people who love you. You may want to blow your life completely open, but these changes could be negative for your partner or your children. Talk openly with the people you love and try to find a balance that protects them while liberating you.
- When you get better at speaking the truth about your feelings and opinions, be mindful of hurting other people unnecessarily. Try to communicate in a helpful and not a hurtful way.
- Realize that life is short. You may die years from now, or you may die tomorrow. What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind? You need to decide now before it's too late to change.